Friday, June 14, 2013

Flowers and Butterflies

I am a little late getting this post up, you know life gets in the way. A good friend of mine asked us to make a cake and some cookies for her daughters 1st birthday. The theme was Flowers and Butterflies. The number of guests expected reached to 100+ plus so we made 100 cookies and a 2 tier cake as well as a smash cake for the birthday girl.

This was the 1st cake we had done that I was going to be at the party to see the reaction. Needless to say I was stressed. After a slight break down this is what we came up with.


The cake was buttercream with gumpaste decorations. I really like the butterfly sitting on top of the cake. Here is a better view of it.


Here are the cookies that match the cake.


Although this was the most stressed I have been the end result was one of my favorites and the birthday girl loved it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment